#ThursdayTidbits (5/10)


"I was in 7th when I got hit on the left #eye while playing. I was young and I knew I'd be scolded. So, out of fear, I didn't tell my parents. I patched it up with the help of a few friends.
.
About a year later, I started facing problems in the eye. So we went to the government #hospital in sector-31. They said it's a normal issue and gave me eye-drops.
.
The eye-drops didn't help. So, a few months later we visited ICare Hospital. They told us that it's retinal displacement. They could operate but can't promise anything.
.
We were shattered. This was way bigger than I had imagined. My father decided to get a second opinion. We went to RML Hospital, Delhi. They assured us that there would be 90% success rate. My family felt comforted and we decided to get the operation done.
.
1 operation turned to 2 and when the 3rd operation got over last year, I had lost my vision. The doctors said the #retina is completely torn and detached. My father has a loan of easily 70-80k now. My range of vision is half of what it was. I wanted to be a #surgeon. Would I be allowed to be a surgeon now?"
-Himanshu, 15 years


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MindGrind Mondays : Has the societal emphasis on marks done more harm than good to the real pursuit of knowledge?

MindGrind Mondays : India ranks #144 in World Happiness Report. Why?

MindGrind Mondays: Kerala- #1 in literacy rate and #2 in crime rate. Is our education system failing us?