#ThursdayTidbits (3/10)

"My father runs a photocopy and printing shop. Since last year, the business is getting slower by slower. Our income has dropped down from INR 3 Lakh per annum to less than INR 2 Lakh p.a.
.
My father always wanted to give me the best of education. He tried to get me enrolled in schools like Kothari and Khaitan but they were unaffordable. Eventually, he got me admitted in Sunriseville in Sector-25 when I was in class II.
.
My teachers and parents put in a lot of effort to polish me so I could shine. The only way I could repay them was by studying.. so I did that. I secured 1st position from class VI-VIII. My Math teacher was exceptionally fond of me.
.
Last year, when the business dropped, we saw no other way but to leave the school. There was no way my family could've paid my fees.The bus fees contributed towards 30% of my fees. So, to lessen the burden, I started cycling to school. It takes me 30 minutes one way. My Math teacher talked the principal into not increasing the fees for me when the management decided on a hike. I scored 98% in VIII.
.
With the way things are going, I won't be able to continue in this school. The only thing I can do at this point is to give my 100% and hope that the universe is watching."
-Chandan, class IX
---------------------
We've decided to enroll Chandan in Gyanshree school (one of the top schools in Noida where 3 of our scholar kids are already studying). The #universe was indeed watching! ❣
.
.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MindGrind Mondays : Has the societal emphasis on marks done more harm than good to the real pursuit of knowledge?

MindGrind Mondays : India ranks #144 in World Happiness Report. Why?

MindGrind Mondays: Kerala- #1 in literacy rate and #2 in crime rate. Is our education system failing us?