#ThursdayTidbits (1/10)


"I want to be an #artist. Till 6 months ago, my family didn't #support me. Their words were, "ye hum logo ke shauk nahi hai. Kya hoga isse?"
(These aren't the kind of things we indulge in. What's the point?)
.
Their logic is not wrong. We were a family of 7. With my elder siblings married, it's 5 of us now. My father works as a security guard. He earns INR 10,000. It's not enough so he took up a job in a cafe. His timings were 7 PM - 2 AM.
.


When it started taking a toll on his health, as the son, I took matters in my own hands and started working at the cafe on his behalf. They used to pay me INR 3000 per month.
.
My parents started supporting me when my school awarded me for my paintings. They had pride in their eyes! They saw that it's my natural talent! My father saved for 3 months to buy me a new set of paints and brushes. It's been the best gift I've ever received!" 😍
-Shivakant, 15 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MindGrind Mondays : Has the societal emphasis on marks done more harm than good to the real pursuit of knowledge?

MindGrind Mondays : India ranks #144 in World Happiness Report. Why?

MindGrind Mondays: Kerala- #1 in literacy rate and #2 in crime rate. Is our education system failing us?